Thursday 1 March 2018

My first love letter in 1990



My first love letter in 1990
In 1990 I was selected to undergo FIRE OFFICER training at National Fire Service College,Nagpur,Maharashtra,India.We were given hostel accommodation on Hislop College road behind Civil Defence college,Nagpur.We used to attend lectures in National Fire Service College,situated opposite High Court at 0930 am onwards and for that in a disciplined manner in Khaki uniform with cap daily were coming  from our hostel via Hislop college in three rows a nearly 200 meter distance.Some girls on their vehicles were coming behind on Hislop College road shouting comments like “Hallow Handsome “”Hi….”when we passes on road.Some of our colleagues were really serious about these comments and were discussing over it.One from Mumbai was so serious that he talked at length with me and two of my friends about these girls comments.We three planned to take advantage of situation and drafted a beautiful love letter in the name of the candidate from Mumbai and posted it, in   his name at our college address.The love letter was like this.

My Dear Avi,You may be surprised to find how I got your name but don’t you have you wear your name badge on your uniform.You are really handsome and I am daily watching you coming and going on our college road.I like you and your whole attire ,I want to meet you.I am posting this letter on your college address .Can you meet me on this coming SUNDAY at Maharaj Bag[garden] gate at 11 in the Morning,I will be wearing Pink T-shirt and blue jeans and you wear blue T- shirt and jeans.I do not want to miss you ,waiting for you----Yours===Rita.

We waited for this letter to be handed over by Postman to our Mumbai friend,we were not consulted by him that he received a love letter .The coming Sunday at 9 in the morning we found him dressed in blue T-shirt and jeans.We asked him where he was going but he was in no mood to share.At 6 in the evening he came back,disappointment on his face but we could not able to tell him the architect of that love letter.

1 comment:

Happy Diwali-2023-Vinay Dadmal

  Wish you all Happy Diwali 2023--Vinay Dadmal