Saturday 10 March 2018

My First Day as Ticket Collector in Indian Railways


My First Day as Ticket Collector in Indian Railways
In 1990 at Sewagram Railway Station I began my railway career as Ticket Collector.I was the only Ticket Collector at the station. The first duty schedule was from 0800 Hrs to 1600 Hrs.On first day I came on station at 0730 Hrs and signed the Duty Muster.My duty was to collect tickets at gate/Exit and to check its validity.At Sewagram railway station at that time were three platforms.The exit gate as well as my separate office were in station building connected to Platform 1 via Foot over bridge.Whenever there was any train arriving I had to attend the gate.After 4 trains I found that the passengers coming at the Exit gate were all with valid tickets and no passengers  were ticketless.The main reason was I was in Uniform standing at the gate and almost all passengers used right short cut ground level exit by crossing the railway line at the end of platform.I noticed this and immediately wrote a letter to our Sr.DCM.{ This was the same Sr.DCM who awarded me as an Announcer earlier in January ]
The letter was like below………….
Respected Sir,
I respect the working style of yours and I believe you to fulfill my working request.I at the gate in uniform not able to nab the ticketless nor I able to detect any irregularity.I want you to give me a target so that I can move on the trains  and recover the railway dues.I will be highly obliged if you permit me to do such thing.
Yours Honest Employee

Vinay Dadmal,TC,WRE
After two days ,I received an order from Sr.DCM ,allowed me to do work as per my schedule to achieve the given  target.Thereafter I not worked at the gate.

1 comment:

  1. Though not allowed I used to write directly to whom I found responsible to do that work.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Diwali-2023-Vinay Dadmal

  Wish you all Happy Diwali 2023--Vinay Dadmal